What do people say?...
Tattoos seems to be the in thing for the young girls of this generation.
Women in general love to adorn themselves with colourful designs on their palms and hands by application of herbal pastes during festivities and important functions. But, those designs will fade away shortly and are viewed by all as an acceptable traditional custom and a passing fancy.
Tattoos involve pain and patience and more importantly stay on the skin almost for life. In order to look novel and appealing, sometimes names of the lovers are included which has to be erased later (another very painful process) when there is a fall out.
Normally, it is not looked with favour by conservative males, particularly in India.
Therefore, the women with tattoos there must have pre-decided to ally only with those men who are truly progressive, have liberal attitudes and approve of them.
I see a person who:
1. Appreciates art.
2. Is confident.
3. Is comfortable with their own body (an attractive quality for me).
4. Could probably care less what you think of their body art.
5. Has a good job/career/money. Quality tattoos are a luxury service and are expensive!
6. Has a high threshold for pain (could be good or bad).
7. Could probably kick your a$$.
8. Is probably a lot of fun!
I don’t go out with women but have this theory that women who go for tattoos are not afraid to display the more masculine aspects of their personality and men rather like this as they could relate to a woman who may also like football and beer. This is not to say that all women with tattoos are butch but demonstrate a certain self power which is rather appealing to some men.